GWINNETT COUNTY, GA—Gwinnett County officials have announced nine hiring events that will take place across the county in October. The county is recruiting nearly 2,500 election workers to help at the polls for the upcoming general election.
With the potential to earn up to a $390 stipend, poll officials will fill needed positions and gain valuable work experience. Those who qualify and are interested may apply online at GwinnettCounty.com/PollOfficialHiring or in-person at one of the hiring events scheduled next month, the county stated.
Applicants are required to be at least 16 years of age, a U.S. citizen and able to read, write and speak English. Multilingual poll officials — especially those who speak Spanish — are needed. Poll officials must be a Gwinnett County resident or Gwinnett County government employee, and they must have access to a computer for required online training.
The poll official hiring events will be held at various locations on the following dates:
- Oct. 4 from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Five Forks Branch Library, 2780 Five Forks Trickum Road in Lawrenceville
- Oct. 5 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Centerville Branch Library, 3025 Bethany Church Road in Snellville
- Oct. 8 from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at Suwanee Branch Library, 361 Main St. in Suwanee
- Oct. 10 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Dacula Branch Library, 265 Dacula Road in Dacula
- Oct. 12 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Duluth Branch Library, 3180 Main St. in Duluth
- Oct. 13 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Lilburn Branch Library, 4817 Church St. in Lilburn
- Oct. 19 from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. at Lawrenceville Branch Library, 1001 Lawrenceville Highway in Lawrenceville
- Oct. 28 from noon to 4 p.m. at Norcross Branch Library, 5735 Buford Highway in Norcross
- Oct. 29 from noon to 4 p.m. at Collins Hill Branch Library, 455 Camp Perrin Road in Lawrenceville